I haven’t been very good about blogging recently, so I’m going to make a concerted effort to do better for the rest of the year. It would’ve been nice if I’d started yesterday, as the first of the month, but oh well.
Back in January I wrote this post about switching my keyboard layout to Colemak. That effort stalled for a long time, but a couple weeks ago I finally made the switch for real, even moving the keys around on my keyboard. The first few days my WPM (according to thetypingcat.com) dropped from ~90 WPM on QWERTY to ~25 on Colemak. Miserable. But after a week or two of practice I’m back up to closer to 40. Still a long way to go, but it’s reasonable.
Of course, I’m writing this post from an iPad, which is still set to QWERTY. It’s good to keep my brain confused.